Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Past vehicles I never had an issue of knowing for sure if the damper that controls using Outside air vs Re-Circulated air.....when you switched from inside air to outside air....the fan noise always diminished because the Damper would close isolating the Fan Noise from the interior. I have never been able to hear that difference n my 2018 Niro...could be the Fan is positioned differently?

Anyone else noticed this? I have felt under the dash, along the base outside of the windshield....just to see if I can feel air being sucked in.....if it happening, and it must be, I have not felt it. Having written this..AC runs great...so this has no impact on system.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood...but, just because the Light is on or off....doesn't absolutely mean the Damper did what it is supposed top do. On all prior cars I could always tell when Inside vs Outside air mode was in place because you could adjust the system while in Inside Air so it would go into Outside air and you could always hear the Fan noise diminished as the Damper closed off to Inside air ....

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
It does work, even when the fan is not running, at least while the car is moving. Check air flow by switching to front vents, turn fan off, and toggle the recirc button and see what happens at speed. If you want audible confirmation only, don't know what to tell you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I do appreciate your Postings. I feel we both can agree, just because the Recirc light comes on does not confirm damper is working to open and Close.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts