Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several issues with my car security. I think someone is attempting to hack my car.. I go to my car in the morning and the door is unlocked when I know for sure I’ve locked it the night before. Recently I noticed dog hair all
Over my car and I don’t have a dog in my home. Someone has been accessing my car. I started wrapping my key fob in foil. I had no issues for a couple of weeks. Now all of a sudden my key fobs don’t work and my car has a hard time recognizing my key to start. Does this sound like someone is trying to hack my car? Seems like some system was disabled. Any tips on how to prevent access to my car by external computers? FYI I changed the battery and my fob does not work.

·
Registered
Niro HEV, 2020, Dynamic Link, UVO, EPB, 10"-AVN, Navi
169 Posts
Do you see the little red led light shining on your fob if you press a button?

Reactions: Niro2018

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Excellent question - the fob isn't transmitting if you don't get a red light when pushing a button.

The light is on the top front of the fob on the right-hand side
Interesting how you can own a car for 4 years and never see the fob LED. Comes from 4 years of never pushing buttons on the fob. Just checked, and it does come on.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Interesting how you can own a car for 4 years and never see the fob LED. Comes from 4 years of never pushing buttons on the fob. Just checked, and it does come on.
I hardly ever use the FOB to lock/unlock the car either, usually it stays in my pocket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had several issues with my car security. I think someone is attempting to hack my car.. I go to my car in the morning and the door is unlocked when I know for sure I’ve locked it the night before. Recently I noticed dog hair all
Over my car and I don’t have a dog in my home. Someone has been accessing my car. I started wrapping my key fob in foil. I had no issues for a couple of weeks. Now all of a sudden my key fobs don’t work and my car has a hard time recognizing my key to start. Does this sound like someone is trying to hack my car? Seems like some system was disabled. Any tips on how to prevent access to my car by external computers? FYI I changed the battery and my fob does not work.
Track your mileage. You'll know someone's driving your car if it changes. You can also use the info in Locations, Find My Car in Valet Mode, Valet Mode, Geofence Alert and My Trips in the KIA App to alert you when someone other than you drives your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts