Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I selected my Niro I looked on the Door jam for Month/Year Manufactured....it displayed 7/17. The Sticker displayed 2018 Niro and showed the vehicle was invoiced and shipped to the dealer. Questioning the Salesperson about this they showed me what they referred to as a PDI that was dated 2 days before I picked up vehicle. It the Dealers check list of going over and getting vehicle for ownership. The dealer did say when new vehicles are received by them it can sometimes be 2 weeks before the New car Service dept performs the PDI Checklist.

The vehicle is totally build in S. Korea ships to N. America to Brunswick....than disseminated to various dealers....Long Ship ride from Korea to my Dealer.....4 to 5 months at least

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Mine is a 2018, manufactured 11/17. Picked up Jan 23. It had just rolled off the truck less than 24 hours before at the dealer. Shorter trip. Good thing because I get seasick!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had heard that all the Kia cars coming off the Boat in the SE go to a staging area to have prep work done, from gas in the tank to adding some options.Sometimes this can add 2 weeks from the port offload.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Adding options for sure, so called port options. They differ depending on which port they were staged at. But that takes only seconds, they just through them in the back. The dealer "installs" them but they are always things like mats and nets. Since the window sticker matches the options, I would guess that the port prints those too, but maybe the dealer prints them.

Seems a bit crazy to add gas before transport given the extra weight and danger of explosion (however small). Dealers can do that.

I think the two weeks of transport is just logistics, not so much port tasks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cars never leave the factory the day they are built. They can sit on the factory property for a few weeks. Then they have to wait for a boat.
Typically we assume 6-8 weeks shipping on items that come from China in a container at my company. Then it probably sat at the dock waiting for a train for a few days/weeks. Then the train gets it close, and a truck takes it the rest of the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts