Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is perhaps the most detailed review on the 2018 Niro PHEV model out there (EX Premium, US market).
The review, Alex on Autos, is considered by many as one of the best car reviewers so I thought I'd share his review for those interested in the PHEV model

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I saw this video hours after it was posted. Should have posted the link here. I thought it was a pretty blah review for Alex. No pictures of the rear seats down (or "exclusive" trunk score), or sufficient comparison with the HEV. He said the 12 V battery was in the back, and it sure looked like it was (an apparent battery cover just like the 2017 European models). That is a change worth some discussion as the hybrid and EV models destined for North America have never had a lead acid battery. Makes you wonder what the PHEV really has installed there. Curious, I visited a dealer, but no PHEV in stock.

My main takeaway was how good the car looked in 4K. My car is the same color and doesn't look that good in person!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I saw this right when it went up, I follow Alex closely. Great review but I was a little surprised about the 12v battery too. I didn't expect him to hit everything that was the same all over again though, he referenced the earlier two reviews he did for other info. And I'm pretty sure he's the only one around with three full reviews of the Niro (FE, Touring, and EX Premium Plug-In). Can't wait for him to get hold of the BEV version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts