Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking at getting the 2018 Niro EX - I'm sure the dealer is trying to get rid of them with the 2019s coming, so they're offering it at around 22K. This is a good deal right? Or do you think it could go lower?

Then I have a few other questions assuming that is a good deal...
1) How does it perform / handle in the Cold + Snow? I live in the Northeast so that's basically half our year.
2) How are roof crossbars on this & what kind do you use? We have Kayaks and just have some cheap crossbars right now, but it doesn't look like they'd work on this car so I'd have to find new ones.
3) What is UVO? Is it any good? Does it cost extra like starlink or whatever Chevy used to have?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
22K is a really good price. Handling in snow is excellent, as good with winter tires as many all wheel drive cars according to reports here. Cross bars do work, but are noisy and impact mpg.

Can't comment much on UVO, not sure there is much point if you don't have a PHEV or EV and need to precondition climate. Bought car ten months ago and tried it, UVO had a parking finder that looked to be only useful feature other than calling service. Looked at it like three months after buying, last found parking spot was two months earlier. So that feature (available on many apps) stopped working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts