Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Niro Hybrid
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had a headlight go out, so fired up Amazon found some LED's that I liked and then ordered them. Of course then thought. Does the base models come with halogen or LED's? Should I order a LED adapter kit also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So as an update, changed out with these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SK79P32, no issues, but didn't find out that the d/s assembly is supposed to be removed before changing. Need to pull it out and double check that I got it seated properly.
I replaced my 9005 halogen bulbs with LEDs from ALLA Lighting. They work great. Went back to the dealer to compare with a PHEV that has LED headlights as standard. Salesman commented my LED looked brighter than the factory LEDs. I also replaced the fog lights, backup lights, and license plate lights with LEDs. Backup lights were a great improvement. Go to Youtube and look for 2019 Kia Niro EV LED headlight. Someone from Canada shows how to replace them. My fog lights can switch between white and yellow, also from ALLA. Call them and they will give you recommendations. My 2020 did not require the load resistors, prior years maybe but ALLA will guide you through.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
141 Posts
Just had a headlight go out, so fired up Amazon found some LED's that I liked and then ordered them. Of course then thought. Does the base models come with halogen or LED's? Should I order a LED adapter kit also?
My 2019 came with the halogen. I change them with these which are brighter than the halogen https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HJV1DCV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 There are many out there. You can buy a kit if you want to but most of the LED are just plug in and your finish.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I changed out my halogens with GTR Ultra ll from headlight Revolution lifetime guarantee easy install so bright you wouldn't believe it. They are expensive but I have been burned with cheap LEDs before. I don't see how you can go wrong with the lifetime guarantee. I also replaced the fog lights with their LED Shopping

·
Registered
2019 Kia niro hev ex premium
86 Posts
I changed out my halogens with GTR Ultra ll from headlight Revolution lifetime guarantee easy install so bright you wouldn't believe it. They are expensive but I have been burned with cheap LEDs before. I don't see how you can go wrong with the lifetime guarantee. I also replaced the fog lights with their LED Shopping
Did you get error codes? I’ve tried 2 sets of led lights and error codes in 20 minutes pop up on dash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts