Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I look at the tire pressure display, all 4 tires are around 45psi. But when I look at the label in the driver’s side door sill, it says 36psi. Should I keep them at the higher pressure or do I need to let some air out?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Mine came from dealer with 40 PSI in the tires. That might be good for fuel economy but I suspect it might be less than optimal for braking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tires mine came with say 44psi max. I have them in the high 30s. BTW the system started notifying me when the pressure dropped below 30psi.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My tires were actually showing 47 psi when I first got it. Was the dealer supposed to reduce them to the proper pressure during their “prep” of the car? Over 10 lbs pressure seems a bit excessive.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Cars are shipped with 50 psi to avoid flat spots. Dealer prep (often missed) is supposed to bring tires back to 36 psi spec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kias recommended pressures are on the label on the driver door jamb, for my 16 in wheeled PHEV its 36psi. What is moulded on your tires is the MAXIMUM cold pressure the tire manufacture says you should ever have them at. Unless you want to do a Ford Explorer/Firestone tire special!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts