Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I came from driving a Toyota Prius to Kia Niro PHEV and I noticed that my brakes arent that responsive. Like I drove the Prius again last night and it is definitely more responsive than my new car. Is that just my preference or has anyone else felt this way? It just takes way longer (more deeper pressing) for it to slow down. This is my first Kia so I don't know if I just been used to driving Hondas and Toyotas.

Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hello. I came from driving a Toyota Prius to Kia Niro PHEV and I noticed that my brakes arent that responsive. Like I drove the Prius again last night and it is definitely more responsive than my new car. Is that just my preference or has anyone else felt this way? It just takes way longer (more deeper pressing) for it to slow down. This is my first Kia so I don't know if I just been used to driving Hondas and Toyotas.

Any input is appreciated!
seems normal to me. I havent driven a prius but I drove a lot of cars prior to buying the niro.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
If you are talking initial braking feel, that is all regen, not mechanical brakes. Only heavy braking or full stops will engage the mechanical brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts