Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my vehicle but I just don't like the sound it makes when I turn it on and off. I also don't like the beeping sounds when I am backing up. I was able to remove the sounds on my 2016 Toyota Prius III by using Carista. Unfortunately, Carista does not support my new vehicle. Any ideas?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The beeping sounds are from the Virtual Engine Sound System (VESS). It creates sounds at low speeds to warn pedestrians since the car is so quiet in EV mode. You can search this forum for threads about it.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Ask your dealer. They can modify some settings that are not user adjustable. I asked about one such setting and the dealer quoted me a half hour if they could do it. Sadly, the change I wanted was unavailable.

You may also be able to track down the physical speaker making the noise and disconnect it. I remember a 1977 Datsun I bought new, first thing I did. But it was dead easy, I think it took me five minutes. Some sort of obnoxious alert (can't remember now what it alerted, might have been reverse), but probably unlike newer cars, that was all this speaker did - no multifunction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts