Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can edit them in the new app, Kia Access with UVO Link.

As for the other feature email [email protected] to ask them for that feature. It may show up in a future update if they get enough interest.
@Michael Jones, this app is not functionnal for canadian users!. We only use 1 app only.
Boo! The new one works better and I've been beta testing it for months! Come on Kia Canada! #istilllovekiabecuasetheypaymybillsbuteveryoneneedstogetthegoodstuff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I looked for some information regarding weather resistance on the charger that comes with the PHEV, the one to use on the normal power outlet, and couldn't find anything regarding it.

Does anyone know if it is rain or snow resistant? is it possible to charge it on the driveway if you don't have a garage or in this case it would really be necessary to use a outdoor LV 2? A waterproof cover for the GFCI outlet would be enough?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi,

I looked for some information regarding weather resistance on the charger that comes with the PHEV, the one to use on the normal power outlet, and couldn't find anything regarding it.

Does anyone know if it is rain or snow resistant? is it possible to charge it on the driveway if you don't have a garage or in this case it would really be necessary to use a outdoor LV 2? A waterproof cover for the GFCI outlet would be enough?
Looking at the stock L1 cable it is designed to keep water away from the electrical contact points. So I would say just use a waterproof cover for the GFCI outlet.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Hi,

Salut FHenrique. Personnally, i used it once. Always used a L2 charger at home and on public chargers. For our winters, if you dont have a garage, i would not use the L1 personnal charger. you have a 600$ Qc Gouv. rebate to gat a L2 charger.! why not use it! :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts