Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a long trip and the heater just slowly stopped putting out heat in my 2019 Niro PHEV. The engine tempter was just fine and their was now check engine lights etc. showing. Just slowly the hot air faded away to cool out side ambient temp. The fan still works and I can dial up the temp. but no hot air.

Any Ideas guys as to what's going on? I'm taking it in next week as it's only got 11,000 to date trouble free miles.

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
I was on a long trip and the heater just slowly stopped putting out heat in my 2019 Niro PHEV. The engine tempter was just fine and their was now check engine lights etc. showing. Just slowly the hot air faded away to cool out side ambient temp. The fan still works and I can dial up the temp. but no hot air.

Any Ideas guys as to what's going on? I'm taking it in next week as it's only got 11,000 to date trouble free miles.
Sounds like a hose blockage of some sort. Hopefully it's just in a hose and not in the heater core itself. The core would mean dismantling some of the dash, never a good idea in a dealership. But it will covered under warranty, I'm sure, so no cost to you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dropped it off at the dealer today. While on they way there I was playing with the heater and it would run intermittently each time in the auto mode for a short time then the auto mode light would go out and no more heat..... Looks like it will not hold itself in auto mode...... Might be the button. Time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts