Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Kia and hybrids - - had the car 10 days - - really enjoy it - - quality car BUT my head unit did not come with UVO programmed into it. The window sticker includes this program/service - it should be there. Spoke with Kia USA and dealer service Tech. No one is sure what happened. Waiting for more information from Kia. If anyone knows more please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same problem. No uvo on a new 2019 Niro Touring. I called Kia. They told me a software update will solve the problem. They said that they would send it to my local Kia dealer to install by the end of the week.

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
Are these plug in hybrids or the regular hybrid Touring model? I am trying to figure out what UVO adds to a non plug in model.

Hi, for Canada, only the plug-in will have the UVO service for 2019..

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
New to Kia and hybrids - - had the car 10 days - - really enjoy it - - quality car BUT my head unit did not come with UVO programmed into it. The window sticker includes this program/service - it should be there. Spoke with Kia USA and dealer service Tech. No one is sure what happened. Waiting for more information from Kia. If anyone knows more please let me know. Thanks

This is what i get on the Kia USA website for normal HEV models all trims and UVO..

"Purchase/lease of a new 2019 Kia Niro vehicle with UVO eServices includes a complimentary 5 year subscription starting from new vehicle retail sale/lease date as recorded by the dealer. After expiration of such period, you will no longer be able to access or use UVO eServices. For applicable full terms, see the UVO Privacy Policy (available at https://www.myuvo.com/legal/privacy-policy.shtml Opens a New Window. ) and Terms of Service (available at https://www.myuvo.com/legal/terms-of-service.shtml Opens a New Window. )."

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
I was asking as I can be a very noisy person in the ear of KIA and want to know why Canada is so much later in offiering the same level of services that are giving for the USA. If there are enough of us complaining then they will listen and fix the issues.

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
I was asking as I can be a very noisy person in the ear of KIA and want to know why Canada is so much later in offiering the same level of services that are giving for the USA. If there are enough of us complaining then they will listen and fix the issues.

Dont worry, i have some names/contact for Kia Canada, and even them dont talk too much! LOL

one time got some anwsers from a regional manager.. than their communications team at the head office!

FYI: some PHEV 2019 has already been delivered in western Canada.. it comes with the UVO eServices, BUT, the head unit is not enable yet for it.!?! dealer will call back in a near future to make the configuration! (confirmation from a new owner that got his PHEV this week)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to confirm, had to call in the 2019 PHEV VIN, but UVO works well. Can't see or control charge options with the Canadian version so far though. Didn't have to do anything to the head unit.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I left such a scathing review of the app that someone from UVO left me a voicemail. It's an embarrassment for an otherwise great vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Brandent, just out of curiosity do you have the US version of UVO or the Canadian version? From what I can find online the GUI looks quite different. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
Just to confirm, had to call in the 2019 PHEV VIN, but UVO works well. Can't see or control charge options with the Canadian version so far though. Didn't have to do anything to the head unit.

So you are one of the lucky owners out west to get an PHEV.!! Still waiting for mine in the East! did you got a EX Premium or an SX ?

There is a guy i know who got his PHEV in Calgary, so you're telling that you had to call Kia Canada and give your VIN # to activate it ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
We got the SX, really like it so far. The UVO on-line signup rejected my VIN so I called support and they said the PHEV 2019s had not been added to the system yet. They called back a few days later with the OK. Wish our version had some charge start/stop features though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE ON "NO UVO": KIA came out with a dealer installed software update. It took 40 minutes and now my 2019 Niro Touring has the UVO feature. Now I just have to learn to use it. I've had my Niro about 3 weeks - - love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts