Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been trying to troubleshoot this, and before I take it to my local Kia Dealership (that says they've never seen this error), I wanted to see if anyone here has run into it.

I'm using a Chargepoint home charger, and I've noticed that whenever the Chargepoint schedule is up before the car is fully charged, the next time I start the car, I get an AC Charger Error. Talked to Chargepoint, and they said that the charger is telling the car it's done for the day, but the car is communicating back that it's not done charging - hence error.

When I set the Chargepoint schedule to essentially run all day (and not just during off-peak time), I don't have the error come up.

Has anyone else run into this issue with a Chargepoint charger and their Niro? If not, I plan to take it in for a diagnostic, but I'd hate to do that if this is something I can solve outside of that.

Separate but related Q: I wanted to test using the Niro's scheduled charging feature, which I saw online, but don't see the option in my car. Am I missing something? All I see is the ability to schedule departures.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
314 Posts

Mine is accessed through the large display and menu options within the display.
PHEV>Charge Options

We have a 2019 NIRO PHEV EX

My owners manual has a section on this subject also

Hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
As for the "AC Charger Error", I get this, too, when I charge at a public charging station that limits time to 40 minutes. The times I've done that, the charger "timed out" before my PHEV reached 100%.

So I just believe it's the car saying "Hey! What happened!??!? I'm not full!!" I haven't consulted the manual, but my take is that all is normal, no real error here.

This seems to happen only if the charger is still plugged in to the car's charge port when the charger's power turns off. The car senses that communication with the charger is lost while still plugged in. If you pull the charger out of the car before charging is completed, the car doesn't complain. Seems OK to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts