Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I just picked up my 2019 Niro SX PHEV in Graphite 2 days ago.

I have been lurking here for a few months while I made my decision to buy and again while i waited for it to come in. i'm in Western Canada and after putting my deposit down it took 6 weeks for delivery.
Looking forward to being apart of this community. This car was a big decision on my part and I am trying not to drag my feet on things, taking the lessons from every other vehicle I owned to hopefully give this car a longer life and more respect.

I will be installing a hitch in 1-2-ish weeks when a day opens up. I will post a write up after I'm done.

Dave

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hello Everyone

I just picked up my 2019 Niro SX PHEV in Graphite 2 days ago.

I have been lurking here for a few months while I made my decision to buy and again while i waited for it to come in. i'm in Western Canada and after putting my deposit down it took 6 weeks for delivery.
Looking forward to being apart of this community. This car was a big decision on my part and I am trying not to drag my feet on things, taking the lessons from every other vehicle I owned to hopefully give this car a longer life and more respect.

I will be installing a hitch in 1-2-ish weeks when a day opens up. I will post a write up after I'm done.

Dave
welcome, I just passed my one year anniversary. Very happy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congratulations Dave. Like you I've been a lurker & devourer of all things Niro here for about a month. Tentatively I'm planning to start serious shopping in September.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@charlesH
Thank you, and 1 year nice, any advice for for me?

@Dovidan
I went from a 2010 Prius to the 2019 Niro and man is it a jump in every way possible. It was a surprise to me how much of a difference the drive style was/is. It is going to take me probably a month to get used to it.
I went to 2 different dealerships before deciding, I got very different information from each stop. Shop around for a good dealer if you can too.

·
Super Moderator
483 Posts
I second the motion about shopping around. The first dealer I went to didn't even attempt to come close to the numbers that I wanted. They just said gee, sorry and sent me on my way. Maybe they didn't think I was serious, but I went 15 miles up the road and another dealer was at least willing to try. We went back a forth a number of times, but they finally gave me want I wanted and I drove it home. Three months and 3000 miles later I am overall pleased. There's always something that could have been a bit better, but nothing significant. It's been 5 weeks since I bought gas, over 1100 miles, and it still shows over 3/4 full. And my home electric bill has increased at most about $1 a day. No gas only car can tough that.

Glad you're here!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome!
I am the owner of a 2019 Niro PHEV EX. I came from a 2008 Prius and my impression was exactly like yours. A great step up from the Prius.
Let us know the hitch you install and how you like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@atc98092
The dealer is such a huge part of the experience. The first dealer I went to could not get past "So.. What can we do to get you in a car today?" and refused to listen to anything I had to say or ask. Good thing there is normally several options.
@Johnxyz
I loved my Prius, it was a fun car but I treated it like a fun car and it was not running the best when i gave it up. But the Niro is my first "Dad" car. It is taking some getting used to, like with the radio staying on until you open the door, I keep hitting the start button again to shut it off but instead I turn the car back on. And the double break ta for the hill assist I keep trying to get that to activate. I'm sure everything on this car will become second nature soon enough.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
@atc98092
The dealer is such a huge part of the experience. The first dealer I went to could not get past "So.. What can we do to get you in a car today?" and refused to listen to anything I had to say or ask. Good thing there is normally several options.
Hard core sales techniques like that and a failure to listen is not a mark of a top sales person. I should know as I once sold timeshare briefly and you only have one shot to make a sale - that's hardcore! But it can be done nicely, without putting the client in a box every sentence. And even there, you must listen, ideally more than you talk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Obviously you folk in the Americas have a very different type of franchised dealer.
In the UK, I went to a local dealer that holds many different franchises in our area. The staff were friendly and very helpful - knowledgeable too. I plied them with all sorts of questions which were answered truthfully and acurately. Always a 'hello, how are you' on entering the dealership. They were keen to find out what I wanted before offering solutions. Not once did I get the hard sell - very different from Toyota, Ford.

·
Registered
90 Posts
To give you an idea, I just picked up a PHEV. When I got it the battery was empty. And they got the wrong type of license plate. I'm going to return my plate that I got with the car, and get a "green" plate. It'll gives me access to drive in the high occupancy lanes when I'm by myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts