Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2020 Niro EX Premium and so far, I love it. However, I cannot figure out how to 'hear' my Alexa device through the speakers. I was able to use the device on my 2015 Optima no problem - just push the 'media' choice and I could hear Alexa's responses. Right now, I know that my phone and the Alexa device 'recognize' each other (I hear the chime on the device itself), but, if I try to 'wake' it, I can't hear anything back from it. (Note: I'm not talking about the Alexa App - this is the Alexa Auto Device)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,938 Posts
Is the phone connected to the car with the USB cable to the jack under the radio? You can use Apple's Siri via Bluetooth, but not Alexa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the phone connected to the car with the USB cable to the jack under the radio? You can use Apple's Siri via Bluetooth, but not Alexa.
Samsung Galaxy phone is connected via bluetooth. I've plugged the Alexa device into to the USB.
I just got my 2020 Niro EX Premium and so far, I love it. However, I cannot figure out how to 'hear' my Alexa device through the speakers. I was able to use the device on my 2015 Optima no problem - just push the 'media' choice and I could hear Alexa's responses. Right now, I know that my phone and the Alexa device 'recognize' each other (I hear the chime on the device itself), but, if I try to 'wake' it, I can't hear anything back from it. (Note: I'm not talking about the Alexa App - this is the Alexa Auto Device)

Thanks!
I'm not sure what I did differently; however, it is now working! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts