Kia Niro Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Hey all, so European switch panels seem to have the same pinout and function regardless of button location. They are 100% plug and play with the US cars. All functions work correctly regardless of button position. The only thing that doesn't work is the headlight height adjuster wheel since that isn't supported in the US. The scroll wheel just doesn't do anything. Please note, some Niros have 4 button slots and some have 5. Make sure you get one that fits in the same dash hole (same number of button slots.)

View attachment 7519 View attachment 7520
Where did you find those photos? I found this part number BP7697604E3.

·
Registered
12 Posts
enirogus - I did the temp vess kill switch as you described and it has worked well for close to a year. In the last couple months, it intermittently fails to work. I suspect the T-tap guillotine type connectors (same as you show in your photos) are the culprit. Before I tear it all apart again, I am wondering if you've had anything you've learned since last year, that you might do differently. Also wondering if you've had any intermittent vess kill switch failures such as I've had. Thanks.

Now you need to add a momentary switch across these two points. Those red plugs will accept a 1/4 MALE quick disconnect, not the more common female

McMaster-Carr

You can wire it differently, this is how I chose to do it. View attachment 6845

·
Registered
'20 Niro EV EX Prem
165 Posts
enirogus - I did the temp vess kill switch as you described and it has worked well for close to a year. In the last couple months, it intermittently fails to work. I suspect the T-tap guillotine type connectors (same as you show in your photos) are the culprit. Before I tear it all apart again, I am wondering if you've had anything you've learned since last year, that you might do differently. Also wondering if you've had any intermittent vess kill switch failures such as I've had. Thanks.
I would stop tapping the wires and switch in a European crash pad so it works as intended without modifying wiring.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I have had no problems. First thing I would look at is the switch, easiest to check

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I would stop tapping the wires and switch in a European crash pad so it works as intended without modifying wiring.
The problem is that they are pretty expensive, and you most likely need a valid VIN to buy one.
Used are going to be limited in quantity

there is nothing fundamentally wrong with tapping the wires.
in this low power non critical application the taps work fine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vehicle Steering part Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Which would be the correct European part number for this configuration out of a US 2020 Kia Niro Hybrid Ex Premium?
Hey all, so European switch panels seem to have the same pinout and function regardless of button location. They are 100% plug and play with the US cars. All functions work correctly regardless of button position. The only thing that doesn't work is the headlight height adjuster wheel since that isn't supported in the US. The scroll wheel just doesn't do anything.

Please note, some Niros have 4 button slots and some have 5. Make sure you get one that fits in the same dash hole (same number of button slots.)

View attachment 7519 View attachment 7520

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I did the VESS kill, I soldered to the wires instead of using taps. I mostly followed the instructions at 2020 Kia E-Niro VESS/Reverse Chime defeat solution. You need to subscribe to the forum to download the pdf file instructions. I posted my minor changes to this procedure at 2020 Kia E-Niro VESS/Reverse Chime defeat solution
My VESS kill works although sometimes I need to press the button a couple times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, so European switch panels seem to have the same pinout and function regardless of button location. They are 100% plug and play with the US cars. All functions work correctly regardless of button position. The only thing that doesn't work is the headlight height adjuster wheel since that isn't supported in the US. The scroll wheel just doesn't do anything.

Please note, some Niros have 4 button slots and some have 5. Make sure you get one that fits in the same dash hole (same number of button slots.)
How do you remove the US panel in order to install the European panel with the VESS button? I found the 5 button I need here: KIA 93700-G5EG0WK / 93700G5EG0WK NIRO 2018 Controller/switches

·
Registered
'20 Niro EV EX Prem
165 Posts
I found some - Shipping to Europe only. Try searching for the same part numbers elsewhere on the internet

Part numbers
93700G5FH0WK
93700-G5FH0
93700G5FOW
41P1AA1200 -- I don't think this is a real part number

81 - 94 of 94 Posts