Kia Niro Forum banner
101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Niro EV EX Prem
170 Posts
That discussion seems to be around to topic of clever electrical mods. This isn't my plan.

I bought a 'new' switch module from a scrapped e-Niro and I just need to find instructions for unclipping the dashboard panels, plugging in the new switch in place of the old one, then putting everything back together.

It's something I've done a bit of on other cars but not this one. I'm just seeking some pointers for how to approach the parts of the dashboard.
Yes take it apart the same way as in that topic but instead of installing the wire taps just unclip the wire harness and unscrew the switch, then install your new switch, clip the harness back in, and put it all back together.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just need to find instructions for unclipping the dashboard panels, plugging in the new switch in place of the old one, then putting everything back together.
The instructions (including pictures) for removing the dashboard panels are in the link I provided in post 99. When I did mine, instead of using a special plastic prying tool, I used two metal scrapers: a thin putty knife to get the prying started and a thicker stiffer one to finish. I worked carefully and cannot see any scratches on the panels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for this. I hadn't realised what was there at first because I wasn't seeing any photos in my browser.

Actually, those instructions are spot-on and I have successfully replaced the switch unit with the one bought from eBay - it works! :)

A big thank you for the help you gave.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts