Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro HEV Touring Special Edition
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have an error when trying to use the paddles to activate regen and get an error message? It’s only started doing it since it’s been cold out so it’s most likely “supposed” to do that, but I want to make sure nothing is wrong.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Sounds like a warranty issue to me. In the same situation with the foot off the accelerator, does your charge meter show a charge going to the battery? Similarly, does using the brake pedal indicate a charge? If so, the paddles should also function normally.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro HEV Touring Special Edition
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Foot off gas and foot on brake both charge. After driving for a short time it works fine, it’s just when I first start up and start driving I can’t manually activate it. Almost like it needs to “warm up” or something.

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
429 Posts
I can't speak from experience because in Canada, my 2020 does not have the paddles....wish it did.
I was reading a kia niro owners forum (uk) and it appears that your condition is somewhat common.
They think it is related to battery temp which of course would initially be affected by atmospheric temp.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe a certain battery temperature is needed for efficient charging and if the battery heater hasn't had time to work it probably won't regenerate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts