Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2020 Niro EV EX Premium in August. According to the options listed on the national website, the EX Premium has seat back pockets on both the driver's side and passenger side. Mine had only the passenger side. All the other EX Premium on the dealer lot also had them only on the passenger side. Went to another dealer in the area, same thing passenger side only. Has anyone with EX Premium have a driver's side seat back pocket?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I’m not surprised. I have a 2018 EX and the website listed that it was supposed to have some sort of mood lighting but no one here could tell me what that meant.

·
Premium Member
2020 Kia Niro EX Premium
30 Posts
I purchased a 2020 Niro EV EX Premium in August. According to the options listed on the national website, the EX Premium has seat back pockets on both the driver's side and passenger side. Mine had only the passenger side. All the other EX Premium on the dealer lot also had them only on the passenger side. Went to another dealer in the area, same thing passenger side only. Has anyone with EX Premium have a driver's side seat back pocket?
My 2020 PHEV EX Premium also only has a pocket on the passenger side. According to the options listed on the window invoice my car was supposed to have rear usb ports. It does not and none of my inquiries to the dealer and KIA have been answered. KIA did change the window sticker and deleted the rear usb verbage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m not surprised. I have a 2018 EX and the website listed that it was supposed to have some sort of mood lighting but no one here could tell me what that meant.
I understand the mood lighting option. Somewhere under lighting, you can change the color of the accent lighting with the console and doors. Standard came with red, but you change to a different color like blue, green, orange, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,385 Posts
It does seem that Kia made several mistakes with the window sticker. They also claimed there are rear seat USB ports on the EX Premium, but no such ports exist.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently purchased the standard 2020 Kia Niro EV and the pocket is only on the right side. The sales rep said this was so the Driver could reach it. They don't expect the driver to reach behind his own seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium has seat back pockets on both sides.
Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently purchased the standard 2020 Kia Niro EV and the pocket is only on the right side. The sales rep said this was so the Driver could reach it. They don't expect the driver to reach behind his own seat.
The Niro EV EX, which is the lower trim, only list the passenger side seat back pocket. The EX Premium is the higher level trim and the national website lists seat back pockets for both driver and passenger. The driver side pocket can be accessed by the front passenger or the rear passengers. I have asked the Service Manager to contact Kia area rep for an explanation. I have seen a Youtube video of a 2019 PHEV EX Premium and a person in this discussion stating he also has the driver side seat back pocket in his a 2019 PHEV EX Premium.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
You can't compare the PHEV and EV, even at the same trim levels. They don't match. Mine has a memory driver's seat, the EV does not. There's a couple of other points as well, but my mind is drawing a blank at the moment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can't compare the PHEV and EV, even at the same trim levels. They don't match. Mine has a memory driver's seat, the EV does not. There's a couple of other points as well, but my mind is drawing a blank at the moment.
Yes I can compare the two when the national website describes seat back pockets in both the EX Premium trim package. I was disappointed the EV EX Premium did not include memory seats as in the PHEV.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Yes I can compare the two when the national website describes seat back pockets in both the EX Premium trim package. I was disappointed the EV EX Premium did not include memory seats as in the PHEV.
That's one place the web site listed both models with the same item. But as we've seen with the rear seat USB ports that don't exist, they don't always get accurate information on either the web site nor the Monroney sticker. All I'm saying is you can't look at the EV EX Premium and expect the exact same options/items on the HEV or PHEV EX Premium. The HEV, PHEV and EV are three distinct models of cars as far as Kia is concerned, and even though they have trim levels with the same name it doesn't mean they have the same level of equipment.

I didn't look, but chances are real good there's a disclaimer on the web site somewhere that says content subject to change. They tend to stick those in there. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts