Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro; LXS; Runaway Red
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now driving my 2nd Kia Niro...having traded from a 2018 Niro to the 2020 Kia Niro LXS....

I have enjoyed both....

Both had the AC system that you set the desired temp....the 2018 worked great.

The 2020....when I set it at 72...no way it is cooling to that temp...whereas the 2018...in my opinion did.

It is not an issue with the AC system...its with the set Temp Settings; on the 2020 it is simply not as well calibrated as was the 2018. I know this because, if I turn the Temp setting down the output air will get very cold....so there is plenty of cooling capacity. When I have it set at 72...as designed....the Fan speed slows down and the Output temp gets less cold...as the Temp system reads the Temp set satisfaction...and mixes warm air into the system mix. So at this satisfied Interior temp....you can still see condensate dripping from the AC drain line showing it is still cooling at low temp.

Does anyone know if there is away to calibrate the AC senor so that the set and Interior Temp are more inline?

Sure I could just turn the Set temp lower...but that would defeat the purpose of having an AC system where you set the desired temp...and it reaches and maintains that set temp....Like my 2018 did....

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Under warranty? Let dealer fix it. Not? Recalibrate their numbers to your own needs. Find a temp setting you find comfortable in one set of conditions and call it 72 degrees - even if it reads 66. Change as needed from there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have noticed something, I will look more closely, but when I have set it to 72 degrees, it sure seems to me that it really did not take the cabin temp there, or it shut off the very second it thought it was satisfied.

I have compensated by setting the temp way higher or lower than I want..

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts