Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everone,

We just bought a 2020 Niro EV Premium about 4 weeks ago, and it has been great until yesterday. It's my wife's car and she only charges it about once per week with our JuiceBox 40, and yesterday she plugged it to top it off to 90%. After 46 minutes and 6.01 kWh, the car stopped charging. The JuiceBox sends push notices to my phone, and I thought, "Huh, that's weird," so I went out to check. A little red light next to the green charging lights was flashing, but otherwise nothing seemed wrong. I pulled the plug and reconnected, and it began charging again. Long story short, the car stopped charging 3 more times at exactly 46 minutes and 6.01 kWh (22 miles). (The JuiceBox is great at tracking charging details; so useful for a numbers nerd like me!)

This seems like it couldn't be coincidence. I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything else like this. Is there a setting that would stop charging after a certain length of time or energy threshhold? I know the JuiceBox is fine because I use everyday to charge my '14 Leaf.

I know the dealer will have absolutely no clue what to do, but eventually I'll have to bring it to them if I can't figure this out.

Any guesses?

Thanks!
Alex in Colorado Springs

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,385 Posts
That is odd. If you want to eliminate the JuiceBox as the problem (I have the same EVSE) you could try using a public stations somewhere. If it stops at the same place, then you know it's the car. If it doesn't, then you need to look closer at the JuiceBox, and perhaps the settings in the app.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts