Hi all, purchased my 2020 Niro LXS HEV in March and currently at ~3400 miles. No issues at all to report for the first 3300 miles, but I have since run into a cluster of symptoms that my dealer wasn't able to initially diagnose. In order:
- Last week: At speed, clutch slipped briefly while accelerating (likely between 3rd and 4th)
- Friday: Reversing into parallel parking, warning lights for Check Engine, ECS Off and Blind Spot Collision Warning lit up. Message to Check Blind Spot Collision Warning system.
- On restart, only Check Engine light remained
- Tuesday: Check Engine light turned off
- Wednesday morning: Drove to dealership, everything ran fine. Dealer checked code and found CAN errors between ICE and computer (I think). Couldn't replicate any symptoms, reset system and cleared codes. Drove home from dealership without issue.
- Wednesday afternoon Part 1: Drove to get food. 3 miles in, acceleration went to 0, coast only in EV. Gas pedal didn't increase speed or invoke ICE. Coasted to parking lot and turned car off an on. Drove normally afterward, no warning lights at all. Made it to restaurant.
- Wednesday afternoon Part 2: Driving home from restaurant. Acceleration went to 0 again, coast only. Braking from coast to full stop but didn't restart, gas pedal, EV and ICE responded normally after stop. No warning lights. Made it home