Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro EX PHEV
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a small wreck in which the front bumper was damaged (had to be replaced) the vehicle will no longer charge from the provided 110v charger.

When I plug in the car, and tell it to charge via the Kia Access app on my phone, I get the following 2 notifications:
"The charging for Niro PHEV failed. Please check your vehicle."
"We cannot charge Niro PHEV because the battery is already above the defined charge limit."

The vehicle is off, doors shut and locked, and plugged in. It attempts to charge. The lights light up, it recognizes it is plugged in, then stops and sends the 2 above errors. The battery is at 22% charge when I tried to charge it.

On the charging cable the lights are lit up green, the car is blue and the "charging" light is flashing green, and running at 12A.

In the application the Charge limits are as follows:
DC = 0%
AC = 100%
Attempting to change them does nothing in the app. I get an error and nothing updates.

The car works and runs fine. It will run in EV only mode, and will charge itself when the ICE is running.

I am at a loss of what to try. I have made an appt at the local Kia Service center for Friday. I hope someone here has maybe had this issue and knows how to fix it?!

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,938 Posts
Have you tried using any other EVSE, specifically a 240v version?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro EX PHEV
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I do not have access to any other chargers. On Friday I will have access to the one at the service center, maybe it will work. But will not know till then.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro EX PHEV
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
I got home this evening and the car had started charging on its own. I did nothing but leave it plugged in all night and day. It started charging about 3ish this afternoon.

Weird.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the bumper was replaced, maybe they unhooked the battery for a while while working on it.
1, Maybe the emergency disconnect switch under the hood was used when working on the car.
2. Maybe the clock is off which would change the charging time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts