Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! A dealership near me just listed a couple of Niros that they’re claiming are 2022s. From the photos on their site, they look identical to the 2021, except for the new Kia badge. I thought that the 2022 was going to be a major redesign, and not coming out for months yet. I also can’t find anything else on the ‘Net about the 2022s being out. Thoughts?

·
Registered
698 Posts
What does the Monrony sticker on the car say is it's year?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,854 Posts
That's the dealership I got mine from, although I see they say the car's actually on their Tacoma lot.

Looking at the Kia web site, they don't even list the 2022 yet for the Niro Hybrid. My guess is someone at the dealership got it wrong. Confused a new stock arrival as a '22.

Reactions: lafe005

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
225 Posts
The 2022 models are not being produced yet, much less available to the general public.

·
Super Moderator
610 Posts
The 2022 models are not being produced yet, much less available to the general public.
and they just added up the 2021 models on the canadian website... (with the 2020...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn’t think so. Even so, a different dealership near me popped up as doing the same thing, claiming a new stock EX Premium is a ‘22. This dealership actually links directly to the window sticker, which claims it’s a ‘22. When I spoke to someone at this dealership a couple of weeks ago, he said that Kia had told them that there would be virtually no changes to the ‘22, despite everything I’ve been able to find to the contrary. I’m not really sure what to make of all this.

·
Registered
698 Posts
If the window sticker says it's a 2022. Than it should be. Big lawsuit brewing if it isn't. I got an email from Kia asking if I wanted the new logos for $100, after I stopped laughing I wonder if they sent their dealers new logos and somehow printed new paperwork to make them 2022's?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the window sticker says it's a 2022. Than it should be. Big lawsuit brewing if it isn't. I got an email from Kia asking if I wanted the new logos for $100, after I stopped laughing I wonder if they sent their dealers new logos and somehow printed new paperwork to make them 2022's?
I dunno. I just did a bit more research, and just about every dealership in the Seattle and Portland areas have “2022” EX Premiums and EV EXs available. One has some Tourings. Maybe what was thought to be the ‘22s have been pushed back to ‘23? Mind you, I’d be okay with that, because I fell in love with the ‘21 LXS (Deep Cerulean) and have been wanting to get one for months now. It just flies in the face of all the research I’ve done thus far.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Makes sense that the ships would get to the West Coast first so maybe they are the very first 2022's off the ship.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,854 Posts
Yeah, cars.com shows 20 MY2022 Niros (HEV and BEV, no PHEVs) in the greater Seattle area. It's mostly only two dealers, but I also know a couple of dealerships that don't use that site. Seems strange that Kia doesn't list any 2022 versions on their US web site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all, i have just got a Niro hybrid, the dealer has just phoned up saying the car will be available tomorrow to pick up .. it has the same logo . i said, oh , is it the 22 model ?.. no it's the same one as spec'ed . This is in the UK ( wales ) so it looks like they producing new cars with new logos in readiness for the new cars...

·
Registered
2021 Kia Niro PHEV EX (Deep Cerulean)
18 Posts
I have 2021, but I would love the new logos on it. It's that a retrofit option?

·
Registered
2022 Niro EX Premium
7 Posts
Just purchased one today in SC and it IS a 2022. There are subtle differences. Mainly the logo and more thing are standard in touring like HDA, Smart Cruise and other features that used to only come with the EX Premium. Our car was an EX Premium. Also the key fob is different teaxture and much heavier / more substantial but has the same button layout. 10.25 inch display still only wired CarPlay (hoping for firmware to enable wireless CarPlay.
On the road but will post pictures and Monrony sticker a bit later.

I do like the new logos.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,854 Posts
I hated the key fob with my '19 Niro. Never have I had a car with a fob that I had set the alarm off so many times with the fob in my pocket. It looks like the new one would likely eliminate the issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mainly the logo and more thing are standard in touring like HDA, Smart Cruise and other features that used to only come with the EX Premium.
It should be noted that the 2020 Touring came standard with "Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop & Go (SCC w/ S&G)", as listed on the Monroney sticker.

Curiously, my 2020 Touring also came with HDA... which is not on the Monroney sticker.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hated the key fob with my '19 Niro. Never have I had a car with a fob that I had set the alarm off so many times with the fob in my pocket. It looks like the new one would likely eliminate the issue.
I've set off my fob alarm so many times in the last two years that it doesn't really startle me any more . My last car that I had for 12 years was a focus hatch , I set off the alarm once .

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro HEV Touring Special Edition
61 Posts
Apparently some dealers charge $100 for installing new logos. Glad someone likes them.
wonder how this would work because the old logos are recessed into the hood and trunk and the new logos are individual letters. Looks very sharp though. I had some vinyl overlays done on my forte and the again on my new Niro. When I had the Niro ones made up I got the guy to use the new logo. Still not the same but looks good.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts