Kia Niro Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't like the new logo either. I think it's hard to read. The old logo in the black oval you could see KIA easily and make out the name. The new one you have to stare at it to see KIA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't like the new logo either. I think it's hard to read. The old logo in the black oval you could see KIA easily and make out the name. The new one you have to stare at it to see KIA.
To me the new logo looks like the old logo after an accident or more likely the "nine inch nails" logo after a serious crash. But I am kind of old too.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro HEV Touring Special Edition
61 Posts
I think it looks fresh and modern, much like Kia vehicles have become. I do agree, at first you do kinda have to look at it to realize it says Kia.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I like it BECAUSE it looks like the NIN logo! :)
I'm afraid I'm going to show my age and why I'm no longer in a demographic companies are looking to....But what's NIN?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,854 Posts
I'm afraid I'm going to show my age and why I'm no longer in a demographic companies are looking to....But what's NIN?
I know who they are, but have never knowingly listened to any of their music. I'm a bit too old for that. I'm more Beach Boys, Cream, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and of course Janis Joplin. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hated the key fob with my '19 Niro. Never have I had a car with a fob that I had set the alarm off so many times with the fob in my pocket. It looks like the new one would likely eliminate the issue.
Thank you for mentioning this, I have set mine off in the middle of the night far too many times!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just purchased one today in SC and it IS a 2022. There are subtle differences. Mainly the logo and more thing are standard in touring like HDA, Smart Cruise and other features that used to only come with the EX Premium. Our car was an EX Premium. Also the key fob is different teaxture and much heavier / more substantial but has the same button layout. 10.25 inch display still only wired CarPlay (hoping for firmware to enable wireless CarPlay.
On the road but will post pictures and Monrony sticker a bit later.

I do like the new logos.
My understanding is that it has more airbags, and the transmission is "2nd generation" and gets a wee bit better mileage (1mpg) as a result. I have SmartCruise on my 2019 LX.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you give the fob a dirty look, the alarm goes off.
Exactly! PS in light of the above comments, i think I will go ahead and buy out my 2019 at the end of my lease next month. Trying to figure out if the 2022 I'm looking at is simply a rebadged 2021s is just too annoying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all! A dealership near me just listed a couple of Niros that they’re claiming are 2022s. From the photos on their site, they look identical to the 2021, except for the new Kia badge. I thought that the 2022 was going to be a major redesign, and not coming out for months yet. I also can’t find anything else on the ‘Net about the 2022s being out. Thoughts?

View attachment 6957 View attachment 6958
The VIN number would include a code for model year. There are websites that you can enter a VIN and it will kick out all relative data for that specific vehicle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 2022 models are not being produced yet, much less available to the general public.
I just noticed that here in Winnipeg that there's a few 22 model Niros for sale . I still don't know if they're new or not but they have the ugly logo .

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
If you give the fob a dirty look, the alarm goes off.
There is a 60 second fix. The fob is a clamshell, pry it apart. Stick something under the alarm button - I used a small piece from a paperclip but almost anything will work. Snap clamshell back together. My alarm hasn't gone off in over two years.

·
Registered
2021 Niro Hybrid LX
12 Posts
My dealer started getting '22s in about 2 weeks ago. I was aiming for the first '22 Touring Special Edition they got, but was a little out of reach, financially. I ended up with the last '21 LX. They got in 3 more '22s last week, with one being an EV.

The '22s have minor packaging tweaks. The Touring Special Edition no longer offers leather, but has pleather instead.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts