Kia Niro Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dealer started getting '22s in about 2 weeks ago. I was aiming for the first '22 Touring Special Edition they got, but was a little out of reach, financially. I ended up with the last '21 LX. They got in 3 more '22s last week, with one being an EV.

The '22s have minor packaging tweaks. The Touring Special Edition no longer offers leather, but has pleather instead.
the seating material is called Syntex. Not sure pleather is the right word for it. It feels pretty close to leather, and may actually last a little better. too early for me to tell, but it feels and acts like leather as a seating surface.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,854 Posts
Mercedes Benz used a material called MB-TEX for decades. Looked and felt like leather, but it was extremely durable, and cars that are 30+ years old can still have really nice interiors. Some synthetic materials are quite good.

·
Registered
2021 Niro Hybrid LX
12 Posts
the seating material is called Syntex. Not sure pleather is the right word for it. It feels pretty close to leather, and may actually last a little better. too early for me to tell, but it feels and acts like leather as a seating surface.
Pleather is plastic leather, which is what Syntex is. It's a generalized term for any artificial leather. My old '06 Jetta had it, and it was quite good back then. I will say Kia's version seems closer to the actual feel of leather. Hopefully it holds up well.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts