Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am very excited to say that my wife and I put a factory order for a 2022 Kia Niro HEV in early December. Our sales guys stated the car should arrive sometime in February or March. We haven't received our VIN yet and awaiting impatiently for an update.

I'm just curious on any experience from other recent Niro owners on delivery delays and timeframes, especially in Canada? Please due share!

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
429 Posts
Hi all, I am very excited to say that my wife and I put a factory order for a 2022 Kia Niro HEV in early December. Our sales guys stated the car should arrive sometime in February or March. We haven't received our VIN yet and awaiting impatiently for an update.

I'm just curious on any experience from other recent Niro owners on delivery delays and timeframes, especially in Canada? Please due share!
When I starting looking for a 2020 HEV, it was May of 2020 (Covid crazy). The 1st dealer I talked to said I could order and they would not give me a date but suggested 6 months. I said screw that and talked to another dealer. The salesman said he can intercept a car that is on-route to a dealer. I got the color and trim level I wanted and waited 30 days.
I'm not sure you can get out of the factory order, so you may have to wait until it is delivered. Did you have to put down a deposit?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm not sure how Kia does it but since 2004 I had 5 Prius. Only 2 was on the dealer lot. The other ones were all intercepted while they were on the ship and my dealer swapped what he had on the ship for the other car that I wanted. I guess the paperwork gets reprinted at the port and both cars get on the car carrier to the new dealers. That was always the easiest way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I asked at two different dealers if I could order an EV and they both told me that Kia doesn’t operate that way. They said they just have to wait to see what shows up on the lot. This was in September. I’m wondering if these dealers were lying, or if the policy has changed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The dealers seem to get what they get and have to be happy with it. Plug-in Niros are few here in midwest. Ordering a particular model is not really an option. Three years ago I bought an ex premium on New Years Eve. It had been the only one my dealer had for three plus months. There were only 6 niro models in the KC AREA. The ex premium I just bought was the only model like it in town. Be flexible or travel to find what you want.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I asked at two different dealers if I could order an EV [...] They said they just have to wait to see what shows up on the lot.
Reminds me I wanted a Mini Cooper about 15 years ago. The big deal with the brand was that you could endlessly configure it to your taste. The brand really pushed that notion. They even advertised the possible permutations for the U.S market added up to over 1 million different possible combinations.

I configured one on the website and went to the dealer and said I'd like to order a Mini to my specs. The woman looked at me as if I was from another planet and said she didn't know what I was talking about. It was the lot or nothing, according to her.

Needless to say, I never bought a Mini.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts