Kia Niro Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update on my end: I still don't have my car back. I called just a little while ago and they said they were still waiting for approval from Kia Technical Support to replace the battery under the warranty. The service tech said they were supposed to get an answer yesterday so he would follow up. I'm also on the "wait list" for a loaner car. I've been driving my husbands gas guzzling F150 SMH. I'll be calling Kia myself now since they didn't respond to my message from over the weekend.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Guess Kia doesn't even trust their own dealers' service departments. When Kia gets the bad battery module back, they can test it at that time and blame the dealer later. But of course, by that point the car will be back on the road and you know they'll find that the battery module is bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guess Kia doesn't even trust their own dealers' service departments. When Kia gets the bad battery module back, they can test it at that time and blame the dealer later. But of course, by that point the car will be back on the road and you know they'll find that the battery module is bad.
Yes, this is very frustrating. I'm on the line with Kia Consumer Assistance now. Hopefully they can get the ball rolling a little faster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, so not helpful. They said if I'm on the waitlist for a loaner, I can get a rental car and they will reimburse me for the expense. They are not able to escalate any resolution between Kia tech support and the dealership. Not sure if it's worth the hassle of the rental right now. Hmmmm

·
Registered
168 Posts
Folks such as Enterprise might (not sure if they still do this) deliver the car to you, and often will drive you home when you return the car (a family member did have this happen recently). And NOW I can repeat myself from earlier - some rental agencies have special rates for people whose cars are in the shop.

Consumers have many choices these days when buying things like cars, and some people like to REPORT these things online when they happen.

Kia should think about this when responding to incidents such as these.

So.. thanks for letting us know! Best of Luck! One day I just might be dealing with Kia for a service incident as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Folks such as Enterprise might (not sure if they still do this) deliver the car to you, and often will drive you home when you return the car (a family member did have this happen recently). And NOW I can repeat myself from earlier - some rental agencies have special rates for people whose cars are in the shop.

Consumers have many choices these days when buying things like cars, and some people like to REPORT these things online when they happen.

Kia should think about this when responding to incidents such as these.

So.. thanks for letting us know! Best of Luck! One day I just might be dealing with Kia for a service incident as well.
I'm out of work right now due to illness/surgery so I'm not driving a whole heck of a lot (thankfully). So I don't think a rental is really worth it right now, but I will re-evaluate as needed. Thanks again for all your insight and I hope you don't have to deal with them. I do have to say the service tech at my local Kia has been very nice and resourceful. I know a lot of this is out of their hands.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still don’t have my car back and still don’t have an update. I’m counting the days now for it to be considered a lemon. Does anyone know how the lemon law works for a leased vehicle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still no update. Kia dealership is going back and forth with Kia technical support and has to do things in a specific order for it to be a warranty claim/fix. The service tech said that if the battery cell needs to be replaced, the last one took 7 months because it was on back order! I'm calling Kia Consumer again now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good luck to you! Scratching my head trying to figure out how they can turn out WHOLE CARS and ship them all over but can't keep PARTS in stock nearby. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2022 Niro PHEV EX Deep Cerulean Blue
196 Posts
Still don’t have my car back and still don’t have an update. I’m counting the days now for it to be considered a lemon. Does anyone know how the lemon law works for a leased vehicle?
Is there any verbiage in your lease that addresses the leased vehicle in limbo like yours? The leasing company is actually the owner of the vehicle and it would seem that the lien holder should be able to reach out and help expedite/remediate things. You are paying the leasing company for the use of their vehicle--it would make sense that they need to step up and advocate for their vehicle.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Is there any verbiage in your lease that addresses the leased vehicle in limbo like yours? The leasing company is actually the owner of the vehicle and it would seem that the lien holder should be able to reach out and help expedite/remediate things. You are paying the leasing company for the use of their vehicle--it would make sense that they need to step up and advocate for their vehicle.
That's a GOOD point. Years ago when I bought my Kia Certified used Sedona. The check engine light kept coming on. After several attempts at fixes to no avail.. The dealer told me Fidelity, who was the warranty company, push some buttons and got the dealer to hook up the van to the phone so the people at the factory could reprogram the computer. That solved the problem so I think banks and warranty companies pull some weight.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts