Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, so if this question is in the wrong place let me know.

Does anyone know if this is normal? I have 2022 Kia Niro Hybrid and when i went to update my nav it shows up as a 2019 head unit it. Is this normal? My car does not have wireless apple car play, but does have a wireless charger (always thought that was odd, my wife has a 2021 kia sorento and her has wireless car play) . Any feedback would be great, Love the car but found this interesting.

- BK

· Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,937 Posts
I don't think the '19 infotainment system will fit in a '20 or later. There's a difference in screen size, and a bit of a different shape as well. I remember one of the "big" changes in 2020 was the infotainment system.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would think that too. But directly from my head unit. Model DEBH.SSBMC.US. (Kia Nav update application says it’s 2019) Can’t update via the Kia Nav updater because it says 2019 needs a SD card to update but…. My car doesn’t appear to have an SD card reader anywhere normally accessible.

· Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,937 Posts
Might be time to check with the dealer. Yes, the '19 used an SD card to update the system, and will not accept a USB device for updating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts