Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2022 Niro PHEV EX Deep Cerulean Blue
318 Posts
Interesting that the vendor notes that the rack system is compatible with Niros from 2017-2023. Thule doesn't have any listed for the 2023 with the flush rails. Yakima has a different system for the flush rails for the 2023 than the 2017-2022 model year Niros.

The side rails do look very similar to the ones on our 2022--I wonder if the Thule or Yakima products for the 2022 will fit the 2023.

If this rack holds up well it is a great find for a fraction of the cost of a Yakima or Thule ones.

· Registered
318 Posts
I wonder why the '23 models come with non-metallic flush rails? The front and rear trim pieces on our roof rails are non-metallic, but the body of the roof rails themselves are metal. I see that Thule still does not list any compatible racks for the flush rails and that Yakima modified their listings as well--no compatible system for the Niro.

Interesting that KIA has a bunch of accessories for the 2023 Niro that attach to cross bars, but the actual cross bars and attaching feet are not amongst the listed accessories.

· Registered
2023 Niro EV Wave
80 Posts
I wonder why the '23 models come with non-metallic flush rails? The front and rear trim pieces on our roof rails are non-metallic, but the body of the roof rails themselves are metal. I see that Thule still does not list any compatible racks for the flush rails and that Yakima modified their listings as well--no compatible system for the Niro.

Interesting that KIA has a bunch of accessories for the 2023 Niro that attach to cross bars, but the actual cross bars and attaching feet are not amongst the listed accessories.
Isn't that strange? I noticed the same goofy thing. An accessory store on the internet I called, said Kia is one of the slowest to release accessories for their cars.

I'm waiting on mud flaps, cargo mat, all weather floor mats too. The parts guy at the dealership just shrugs his shoulders.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine came with the mud flaps(kind of a joke they are so small) and all weather cargo mat from the dealer. I had to put the flaps on. I've used my roof rack a bunch already and have no issues. It mounted just fine to whatever the rails are made out of. I've also used my hitch a bunch that everyone hims and haws about on here(yes it was a bit challenging to install, but works and fits great). eBay has all weather floor mats already for the car. So everything you want is available, just not in the high end options yet.

· Registered
318 Posts
Isn't that strange? I noticed the same goofy thing. An accessory store on the internet I called, said Kia is one of the slowest to release accessories for their cars.

I'm waiting on mud flaps, cargo mat, all weather floor mats too. The parts guy at the dealership just shrugs his shoulders.
Since there isn't a huge volume of Niros sold, some 3rd party companies like Huskyliner never offered all weather floor mats for the 1st gen Niro. Ended up ordering Smartliners (aka MaxLiners) even though the website said they wouldn't fit the PHEV--they actually fit perfectly. They were much less pricey but also less plush looking than the Tuxmats. The Smartliners may be slightly thinner than the Huskyliners we have in other vehicles, but they do a great job of containing sand, dirt, water, mud and clean very easily.

· Registered
2023 Niro EV Wave
80 Posts
Since there isn't a huge volume of Niros sold, some 3rd party companies like Huskyliner never offered all weather floor mats for the 1st gen Niro. Ended up ordering Smartliners (aka MaxLiners) even though the website said they wouldn't fit the PHEV--they actually fit perfectly. They were much less pricey but also less plush looking than the Tuxmats. The Smartliners may be slightly thinner than the Huskyliners we have in other vehicles, but they do a great job of containing sand, dirt, water, mud and clean very easily.
I saw those mats. They are really nice. When I searched, they have some goofy popup about if I have an EV on their website.

At the dealer, they said the cargo mat wouldn't fit because it was an EV. But when I looked on the showroom floor, I didn't see any difference between the EV, PHEV an HEV.

It reminds me of generic drugs. The same thing as the others, they just want to charge more.

· Registered
318 Posts
Doesn't look like the Smartliner-USA or TuxMat websites have mats for the 2023 MY yet. At least the WeatherTech folks has a "coming soon" splash for the 2023 niro. How inconvenient not to have all weather mats during a wet/slushy winter!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts