Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only things NOT original are,
Tires, oil, filters, AC fan @ 170k, and cruise control switch wore out @ 256k. 4th windshield due to the job and driver side light assembly also due to the job.

Plugs, belts and tensioner, fuel filter, etc, all original.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,661 Posts
Sweet! Good to know they are holding up well under heavy use scenarios.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, did an oil change yesterday and tire rotation. Original brakes are still at 8mm. Niro isn't burning any oil either and NO leaks detected. I still get the usual 52 mpg and up to 67 mpg when working, drafting oversized loads.

I did learn some very sad news though. Kia isn't making the Niro anymore and is replacing it with something else. The dealer said they received the news a few days ago. The new design looks great but is most likely a pure EV. NOT a hybrid. Pure EV isn't useful in my profession. Elon, take note buddy!. Can't afford to wait on a plug-in. Have to be able to simply gas and go. Really sux as I doubt another car can be as trouble free. Most every oil change is done at a dealership and because of my , replace when worn mentality, they look for the signs. No leaks, cracks, or broken/lose parts.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Did anybody else hear this about the Niro being discontinued?:mad:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I didn't find any information after a quick Google check. My state's governor and legislature is presently working on drafting legislation to ban new gas cars from being sold in the state by 2030. They're also looking to replace the gas tax with a mileage tax. The clock appears to be ticking for the continuing sales of new gas cars in the west coast states.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,661 Posts
Did anybody else hear this about the Niro being discontinued?:mad:
I've heard the Niro EV might go away, since the EV6 will be better in every way. But the same story made it appear the HEV and PHEV will hang around.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I haven't heard of it being discontinued. I am up there in miles heading to look at possibly my third Niro. I sometimes have to haul meat items to customers and always worry about braking down with $1000s of dollars of product that could possibly go bad. I will see if I make a deal today.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey bring a gas grill with you, you can always have a side of the road BBQ! ;)

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
188 Posts
View attachment 6825 Only things NOT original are,
Tires, oil, filters, AC fan @ 170k, and cruise control switch wore out @ 256k. 4th windshield due to the job and driver side light assembly also due to the job.

Plugs, belts and tensioner, fuel filter, etc, all original.
Did you have problems with carbon build up? I have read that engines with GDI can develop it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts