Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
381.1 miles (76 to Empty) took 9.0 gallons... Computer said 44.5 for the average but hand calc was 42.34444 There would have been 150 miles with the roof racks on but no board on the roof.....most of those with the cruise on 72mph.

So I am pretty satisfied. It's not a freeway car but it does OK, handling is better than I would have expected....and I was only expecting to get low 30's with my paddle board on the roof....(that is what it would probably be on a long freeway run).

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
381.1 miles (76 to Empty) took 9.0 gallons... Computer said 44.5 for the average but hand calc was 42.34444 There would have been 150 miles with the roof racks on but no board on the roof.....most of those with the cruise on 72mph.

So I am pretty satisfied. It's not a freeway car but it does OK, handling is better than I would have expected....and I was only expecting to get low 30's with my paddle board on the roof....(that is what it would probably be on a long freeway run).
Good INFO --- wondered how more Freeeay (70MPH) would affect MPG (and I reckon the racks affect some, but not much).

I ahve only been on County Roads and some small town driving - all tha tincludes asome stop lights, not a lot (one fill up of 9.11 gallon showed 51.48 MPG and computer showing 53.x since that fill up). I am at 750 plus now and have only done the one fill up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depending on where you live, I'd expect mpg to improve a bit as you drive more with temp in the 70s and some normal breakin.
Depends on your model too, the Tourings are going to get slightly less mpg which doesn't bother me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts