Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this British Review I read:
-
There’s no real excitement about it, and the jury is out on how it will ride on British roads, but our car posted an indicated 64.2mpg on our hour-long real-world route.
Economy: 74.3mpg (combined)
-
So if those numbers are Imperial gallons, and I'm converting to US gallons correctly, that's 53.5 mpg (US) they read off the display and 61.9 mpg (US) advertised.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why is there no real excitement about this? That's great mileage for the Niro and isn't it above average for a crossover?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't really think any of the crossovers come close to this mileage at all. So this would be well above the average. Either that or my google searching skills are horrible.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Why is there no real excitement about this? That's great mileage for the Niro and isn't it above average for a crossover?
Because it's not a Toyota. And often you don't find a lot of the value buyers online, they just aren't that much into chatter about their cars than those a bit higher up, although this time around the Niro could change things around. Hopefully. Just right now here its a bit dead.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It definitely is pretty dead around here, but closer to release date I think things will get a bit more exciting.

·
Registered
289 Posts
As for official information that ties into the Niro and mentions it, yeah. But I bet those that look deep enough can find information that eventually will be confirmed a Niro facts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im close to 3k miles and every time i fill up I reset the mileage to see what my mpg is. I'm constantly getting 53/54 towards the end of the tank and couldn't be happier. And its not ugly as the prius! Now its time to mod the beast lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Im close to 3k miles and every time i fill up I reset the mileage to see what my mpg is. I'm constantly getting 53/54 towards the end of the tank and couldn't be happier. And its not ugly as the prius! Now its time to mod the beast lol
I am just over 3k and 9 fillups, and my total average is 55.2MPG. That is my manual calculation, the car meter reads a bit higher, maybe 3-4% per tank. I keep it recorded on Fuelly, you can check details by clicking on the signature.
There will be no modding of my beast, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts