Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this: We found the perfect length 90º right-angle cable for CarPlay with our iPhones. It's just long enough that it reaches the bottom of the phone without stretching or without having too much excess, allowing you to lay the phone down. Apple MFi certified, 6" cable. When it's plugged in, it tucks itself nicely away.

Monoprice 6" 90º Lightning cable

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Six feet long? Are back seat passengers using it? What does the right angle do for you?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Six feet long? Are back seat passengers using it? What does the right angle do for you?
6" is six inches. :laugh: The right angled cable allows the cable to be much more flush with the USB port, and then more flush with the lightning port on your phone, so it allows for some more room in that compartment. And because it's angled, the cable runs parallel to the back of the compartment, rather than having to bend it out of the way. It's just a cleaner, more efficient cable for the space we have in that cubby.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice find. I just bought a 6" without the 90 degree angles and I expect it won't last long from the strain. I will get one of these when it does ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got the same 6" cable with the angle conns, it really tucks my Ipod in nicely. Great suggestion!!! I also got a 6' in case I want to relocate it into the center console storage bin!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just wanted to share this: We found the perfect length 90º right-angle cable for CarPlay with our iPhones. It's just long enough that it reaches the bottom of the phone without stretching or without having too much excess, allowing you to lay the phone down. Apple MFi certified, 6" cable. When it's plugged in, it tucks itself nicely away.

Monoprice 6" 90º Lightning cable
I bought this cable from monoprice too. It works very well and charges my iPhone quickly in the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep, I got one of these too (a 90 degree USB cord) recently. Now my phone finally fits in the space when plugged in for Android Auto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts