Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'19 LX hybrid. Last Summer, the screen and voice barfed out a code about the 'DC to DC converter'. Took it in, they had it for a couple of days, got a loaner (F Focus) Put up the same code when delivered. Back to the loaner. Third-time charm? Nah. Forth? Yes! Cam sensors. They took good care of me here in Iowa. Glad I have the Niro. Do not buy a Ford Focus unless it's the only car you can afford.
Anyway, not the real reason I'm posting.
This AM while preparing for work, I needed to open the hatch to dump in a few things. As soon as I touched the hatch button... the engine started. Have fun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's the new oddball tech they using for starting the car now...??????That's got to be awfully inconvenient if the car stalls at a red light...Having to go back to rear of the car and open the hatch to start the car

·
Registered
3 Posts
'19 LX hybrid. Last Summer, the screen and voice barfed out a code about the 'DC to DC converter'. Took it in, they had it for a couple of days, got a loaner (F Focus) Put up the same code when delivered. Back to the loaner. Third-time charm? Nah. Forth? Yes! Cam sensors. They took good care of me here in Iowa. Glad I have the Niro. Do not buy a Ford Focus unless it's the only car you can afford.
Anyway, not the real reason I'm posting.
This AM while preparing for work, I needed to open the hatch to dump in a few things. As soon as I touched the hatch button... the engine started. Have fun!
Lol, thats a new one! Since all buttons on now cars now are digital, not analog like the old days, the same 3 wires can be connected to 20 different buttons all controlling a different function. To get the condition you describe, only 2 things can cause this, defective button that is spitting out the same code as start button(extremely unlikely) or the body control module is defective or the firmware programming in the module is corrupt. Definitely a dealer only fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts