Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm sure it can see in the fog better than me! I was doing 45, with NO Cruise control, when it beeped and I THINK it applied the brakes though I saw the white car with no lights on and hit the brakes maybe at the same time or a split second later......Stopped in time :)! But all that junk I carry on the back seat is now on the floor! I'm impressed with it!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have you tested it, Paul? I saw a brilliant idea to test it. A guy had a couple of empty large, thin boxes (think flat-screen TV boxes) that he tested against. He was testing the Subaru Impreza (the other car I'm torn over...) and it stopped every time. It's a good way to test the car without risk of hurting anyone or any thing. I have one such box in my garage. There's a Kia dealer here who will come deliver the car to your house for the sake of a test drive. I wonder if they'd let me test it in such a way... What do you think?

Here's the video:

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's actually a great idea and very easy to get done! Looks like a lot of fun too and it's better than having to try it out or figure it out in real life in case of an emergency situation.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Can't imagine why a dealer would care, empty boxes will not damage the car. I saw a NYT video review (I don't even remember the car anymore) where he bought an inflatable clown for $20 to test. Dead clown!

·
Registered
475 Posts
When not on Cruise Control -- I tested on the road by holding foot over brake until I needed to use the foot brake -- I NEEDED THE FOOT BRAKE.

When on Cruise Control -- You feel it slow when behind moving traffic and are gaining on the car in front of you and actually stopped for me when approaching cars that were stopped at an intersection.

BY the way --- I have an EX Model with the TECH Option (one that has the sunroof). GROAN on sunroof being required to get TECH Pkg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts