Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short, originally we were going to purchase the Niro LX with tech package added. Dealer did NOT have the color we wanted nor did any dealer within a 500 mile radius, they offered to get it, but also offered us the option to upgrade to the Niro EX, red, what was on the lot, for the same price. This would get us heated seats, heated mirrors, RCTA (rear cross traffic alert), leather seats, steering wheel, shifter. Except for the RCTA, these features were absent in the LX with tech package. However, being that we had to take what was on the lot, which did not have the tech package, that meant no upgrade to it, and the EX upgrade (which they couldn't do) would have been the LX style tech package AND sun roof, but at a much higher upgrade price than the LX tech package. We took their offer and love this Niro!!! However I must admit, I do wish I had the autonomous emergency braking!! Does anyone know if it' s possible to add ONLY the autonomous emergency braking AFTER the sale?? I don't need or want the sun roof, and am willing to pay fair market value for the upgrade. I inquired with the Kia dealer service manager but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm hoping it's possible as the radar for the RCTA (rear cross traffic alert) is already installed and working and hoping that a simple upgrade/install is possible.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts