Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Touring edition and it didn't have the tech package included. Has anyone looked into adding the 120V power inverter into the console? Seems like the parts are all available, but not sure of the difficulty and extent of work required such as vehicle computer update, total center console replacement, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found this repair manual for the AC inverter system which gives all the components and locations.

Kia Niro : AC Inverter System : Body Electrical System

Looks like aside from the socket and inverter, I will just need a new back end to the center console and make sure the wiring harness has the connectors already in place.

What is strange though is that the schematic for the AC socket shows two round holes for a non-US style plug rather than the flat blade type plugs. Will have to make sure I order the right socket type.

·
Super Moderator
637 Posts
That site is listing European parts. Notice the specs show the output voltage as AC 198 - 242V (rms). That's not the North America power standard. This info may or may not apply to NA cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That site is listing European parts. Notice the specs show the output voltage as AC 198 - 242V (rms). That's not the North America power standard. This info may or may not apply to NA cars.
Thanks. I will look more closely. At least the parts locations is the same and I can get parts through the dealer or on KiaPartsNow.com. Get most of my Honda parts through the HondaPartsNow.com network as well.

·
Super Moderator
637 Posts
Thanks. I will look more closely. At least the parts locations is the same and I can get parts through the dealer or on KiaPartsNow.com. Get most of my Honda parts through the HondaPartsNow.com network as well.
Sounds good. Just make sure the parts are spec'd for North America. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts