Kia Niro Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Niro PHEV Deep Cerulean Blue
110 Posts
My central vac (home built in 1990) has a duplex outlet. But I do think it would be a good practice.
What is the rated current on your central vac? Just checked and ours is 16A. Probably not advisable to have the 12A trickle charger in a duplex outlet with the central vac on a 20A circuit. That being said the 30 year old central vac is used a few times a month (the 2 year old plug in upright does a better job) and not during the hours I see charging the car.

·
Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,296 Posts
What is the rated current on your central vac?
No idea, and it's wall mounted too high to see the top, where the sticker is. But it's likely similar to yours. I don't use the outlet for anything else, just thought it was interesting that it has a duplex outlet.

Reactions: vangone

·
Registered
110 Posts
Am wondering what the OP decided to replace his OEM charger with?

Am thinking of getting the Schumacher and use it with 120 V power when traveling and keep the OEM to charge at home.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Finally made it down to NAPA auto parts and bought a Schumacher EV charger—still on sale for $149.99 (cheaper than Amazon). Seems well constructed, couldn’t locate an UL tag but found a UL related symbol on the box. There is a similar symbol on the white plug on the charger that came with the Niro.

When plugged into 110V outlet the Schumacher seems to work just as well as the one that came with the car. Now I can have one for road trips while leaving one at home. Nice to have the flexibility of level 1 and 2 charging.
Font Material property Publication Brand Advertising

21 - 26 of 26 Posts