Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the other thread, but this was really kind of a slightly different question/spin.

So I 'just' got the new Kia Niro PHEV. I'm getting electrician estimates for putting in the 240V outlet this week. Looking at chargers.

First, I see the three "recommended" chargers from the Kia website: Leviton, Bosch and EV Solutions.

I'm also seeing many cheaper level 2 chargers on Amazon that seem to meet the specs. Are these ones on Amazon up to the job? Many of them have good reviews. If so, do have any specific level 2 chargers that you recommend?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Pretty much all EVSE units are the same..... some may add Blutooth, WiFi, and other bells & whistles. I bought a GE unit for my Leaf, but now that I have a Niro, I do not need it. All a EVSE is a relay that switches power on to the charge port. So paying more than $400 bucks is foolish!
If you want I have my GE for sale, works perfect, I will sell it for $300, plus shipping. It will will come with a NEMA 14-50 Plug, and J1772 plug for the car. There is 20 ft of 8 Ga on the input, and 20 ft on the output.

If you are interested, PM me, we can make a deal!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts