Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I decided to upgrade the original head unit in my car to the aftermarket device on android. Judging by the reviews on the Internet, this device is not a bad option. Do you think it's worth spending money on a device of this brand?

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
I find it interesting that they list the price in US Dollars, but the screen appears to show European FM radio frequency spacing. While the Android system offers some things that the OEM head unit doesn't offer, it's also not going to have any car-specific functions. This would include HVAC settings, anything related to the hybrid/EV powertrain, etc. Steering wheel buttons may or may not function as expected. No Apple CarPlay. It says a cold boot time of 25 seconds, which is far longer than the OEM unit. their description says it has some of these things, but I'm not certain I would believe them. Chances are you would have to use your phone's Internet connection for some of its functions to work, such as navigation. Overall I see no net benefit, but since you're in the UK perhaps your head unit doesn't offer the same features we have in the US.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
The OEM head unit is also Android. The ad specifically says it supports car functions. Whether done well or not is another question. But reviews the OP read may answer that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts