Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Niro EX Premium (White / Lt. Gray)
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's only one feature I'm really craving that was in the 2019 EX (with the sunroof package) but has been removed from the 2020 EX Premium model and that is the programmable seat memory! Someone mentioned that it may be something that CarToys or another company may be able to add. I had them add an aftermarket seat heater on my Prius and they put a little two position switch on the lower driver-side seat and it worked well. Has anyone ever heard of such an aftermarket feature? I have the seat ALL the way back when I'm driving and would like to quickly have it move to a forward and possibly higher position when I exit and enter the car. The older I get, the less fun it is to pile myself in behind the B-Pillar and even less fun getting out (although I can still do it pretty well for now, at least!). I've just been manually moving the seat forward but every time I do that, I ask myself, "Why did they remove that particular feature from the 2020 Niro?" The survey must have shown that most people don't use it, I suppose. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Maybe not that great a selling feature would be one guess. The other is liability, injuries to rear seat passengers have been reported.

·
Registered
150 Posts
19 Touring S doesn't have it either and that is one feature I miss the most when i replaced the RX350. I rather have the memory seat than the folding side view mirror.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's interesting to think about what we'd all give up to have the car packaged a bit differently to suit our own tastes. I'd forego the sunroof to have memory seats and a power lift gate! I rarely use the sunroof and when you're tall, it makes the inside of the car feel a bit more claustrophobic although there is enough clearance overall. And, I know the lift gate is super light because it's aluminum but I use that area A LOT and would love it to open when I have my hands full of whatever I want to put in there. The latch is quite low as well.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Niro EX Premium "NON-PLUG-IN - Saved $10K and the extension cord for the Christmas lights."
27 Posts
Seat memory AND remote opening lift gate would have been nice.
Are they both on the e-Niro?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are no Niros with power lift gates. The only 2020 Niro I can find that still has the seat memory is the PHEV EX Premium. The EV does not have it at all apparently.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,557 Posts
There are no Niros with power lift gates. The only 2020 Niro I can find that still has the seat memory is the PHEV EX Premium. The EV does not have it at all apparently.
That's one of two things the PHEV has that the EV doesn't. The other is dual zone HVAC.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,557 Posts
I just got a 2020 Niro EV Touring and it has 2 driver seat memory settings. Changes the outside mirrors as well.
That's in Canada. In the US, The EX Premium is the top trim level, and it doesn't come with seat memory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting to see this thread. I have been driving a 2018 Niro Hybrid Touring (which was the top trim in the US that year), and just got a 2020 Niro Hybrid EX Premium. The 2018 had the seat memory function, which we really liked. I'm surprised (and disappointed) that the 2020 does not have it! I haven't done a full comparison yet, but one other thing is missing -- the 2018 Niro Touring had a front parking sensor that beeped when I got too close to something - but doesn't seem to be on the 2020 Niro EX Premium. I'm surprised that Kia would remove this safety feature. Am I missing something? I can't find anything about activating or deactivating front sensors/beeps (I know that you can activate/deactivate the rear parking beeps, but not the front.) Does anyone have info/insight about that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but memory seats is something I've been looking into. For reference I have a US 2019 Niro EV. I'm in part sharing this information and also creating it as a reference for myself.

In my research I've found that the module/brain that does the controlling is most likely the same module across every generation of Niro so far. I'm basing this on:

If you look at the fitment at the bottom you'll see what I'm talking about. After that, based on these two diagrams:

Then it should be possible to buy this:

and just wire it in. I know sometimes car manufacturers will leave out certain items, but the wiring is there. I've not checked behind my car's driver door panel yet, but fingers crossed there is a harness just sitting there. If there is then it's just a matter of plugging it in and cutting out a hole for the switch to exist. Ideally just that part of the door(not the whole door) with the hole cut would be purchasable, but I couldn't find a part number or eBay listing that showed that so I'd have to cut a hole myself. Now if the harness isn't there, then it should still be possible to wire in the switch, but it'll just be more work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts