Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI ... Upon purchase of my 2018 Niro at Mark Kia in Scottsdale (not a good experience BTW) I noticed the high beams were (what I consider) too high. Upon my inquiring if the headlights can be aimed, the service dept said "no." Upon driving a few 1000 miles (of course some of that at night) I also noticed that the left low beam is higher than the right low beam (even accounting for the crown of the road). In my experience this is the opposite of the way it is supposed to be. Today, I looked at the light units while checking the oil. On the upper portion of each one I noticed a curved-2-headed arrow with a "U" at one end and a "D" at the other end. Upon looking below these symbols I noticed an easily accessible 'knob-like' thing about 1" in diameter. These turned with a modest about of effort. I called my local Kia service dept (Liberty Lake, WA) and inquired. These are indeed headlight unit adjustors for 'up' and 'down' movement according to the service writer. I will be making the appropriate adjustments. :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts