Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2019 Kia Niro EV and has 1500 miles. It's a great car, but I seemed to have a problem A/C kicking in even though the A/C switch is off. Has anyone experienced this problem? I originally thought it was cold wind from outside, but it's doing it when it's warm outside...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a new 2019 Kia Niro EV and has 1500 miles. It's a great car, but I seemed to have a problem A/C kicking in even though the A/C switch is off. Has anyone experienced this problem? I originally thought it was cold wind from outside, but it's doing it when it's warm outside...
About 9 months after purchasing the 2019 Niro Hybrid, I had a possibly related experience during the summer. I turned on the car, noticed my average fuel economy randomly reset to 7 mpg, and after about 30 min on the highway, I smelled an electric fuse blow. I believed it to be from another car, but sure enough it happened about 10 minutes later and I could verify it came from my car.
The following day, my AC wouldn’t work properly. It only became slightly cool (Michigan in August). The dealership ran tests and couldn’t diagnose any reason for the AC to fail even after disassembling/reassembling the air compressor, but they did note an electrical fuse had blown. They contacted Kia tech, yet they also failed to diagnose anything malfunctioning with my AC. The decision to replace the air compressor worked, but it was a “Hail Mary” and left me disillusioned by the ability of Kia to diagnose their own vehicles.
Since then, my EV indicator light will appear, and at certain times give me a fuel reading of 5-40mpg, rather than immediately showing max of 75mpg when being driven by electric motor. Now, my heat randomly fails to maintain the desired temperature (not in auto mode), both during driver only and sync mode.
I’ve contacted BBB Auto line. My car has been at the dealer for over 2 months total. All I have been told is that the instant fuel economy doesn’t always work as stated in the owners manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts