Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of a 2018 EX Premium. Snowy white, so up here in Regina, Saskatchewan, it's practically invisible.

I survived my first white-out blizzard in it, and have enjoyed the heated seats and steering wheel immensely. Climate control has been good, and traction assist and ABS brakes all are working well to keep me in control on ice. Dealer installed Michelin snow tires and rims that have been nice so far.

I love my Niro after about a week, but the fuel economy has not wowed me. Maybe it's something to do with a break-in period or sub-zero temperatures, but I've been averaging about 6.8L/100km (35 miles per US gallon). It's better than my last ride, an economy subcompact too, but far from 50mpg or 5L/100km.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congrats on your New Niro,hopefully you can find it in your driveway after a big snow! I don't think youre going to see 50MPG until summer rolls around, especially with snow tires on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good to hear that you're enjoying the Niro. With colder temperatures, I think the heating elements take up a lot more gas as do winter tires. Not quiet sure the mechanics behind those, but fuel economy goes down with them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My fuel consumption has gone from 55 to 60 mpg (imperial) down to 45 to 50 mpg since my studded winter tires were installed, plus having the heat on for the last month and a half (or so).
Still beats the mpg I get in my pick up truck by a long shot.
Great ride, and gotta love those heated seats and steering wheel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Proud owner of a 2018 EX Premium. Snowy white, so up here in Regina, Saskatchewan, it's practically invisible.

I survived my first white-out blizzard in it, and have enjoyed the heated seats and steering wheel immensely. Climate control has been good, and traction assist and ABS brakes all are working well to keep me in control on ice. Dealer installed Michelin snow tires and rims that have been nice so far.

I love my Niro after about a week, but the fuel economy has not wowed me. Maybe it's something to do with a break-in period or sub-zero temperatures, but I've been averaging about 6.8L/100km (35 miles per US gallon). It's better than my last ride, an economy subcompact too, but far from 50mpg or 5L/100km.
Hi. I just got a 2019 kia Niro last Dec 28, Im here in winnipeg. After just 13days of ownership, with the winter temp of - 18, the vehicle wont start. Its been in and out the dealership 3x already. I just wonder hows your Niro holding up this winter? No problem starting? Just this week he had - 30 temp and again my niro didnt start. It has a "check hybrid engine system" error by the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts