Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2023 Niro PHEV SX Touring + cold weather package
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

We just purchased at 2023 Niro PHEV a week ago. So far I'm very impressed with the car; size, performance, tech, and of course the mileage. It's only been a week but the car is exceeding expectations! At this rate, I may not need to stop for fuel until March.

The Kia brand (Hyundai and Genesis included) really seem to be doing things right. Of course the buying process is still antiquated and frustrating. From my experience (with Ford and Kia) most dealerships here in the US love doing things "the old way". Subaru seems to be an exception.. they just don't have a PHEV I'm interested in yet. I'm not a fan of Elon (Tesla) at all, but I've heard good things about their sales and service.

I'm looking forward to exchanging thoughts and questions, and learning more about our Niro from this forum. Thanks for all of the helpful insight so far!

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
1,217 Posts
Hello All,

We just purchased at 2023 Niro PHEV a week ago. So far I'm very impressed with the car; size, performance, tech, and of course the mileage. It's only been a week but the car is exceeding expectations! At this rate, I may not need to stop for fuel until March.

The Kia brand (Hyundai and Genesis included) really seem to be doing things right. Of course the buying process is still antiquated and frustrating. From my experience (with Ford and Kia) most dealerships here in the US love doing things "the old way". Subaru seems to be an exception.. they just don't have a PHEV I'm interested in yet. I'm not a fan of Elon (Tesla) at all, but I've heard good things about their sales and service.

I'm looking forward to exchanging thoughts and questions, and learning more about our Niro from this forum. Thanks for all of the helpful insight so far!

View attachment 8161
Welcome. Is that the EX or EX Premium trim?

· Registered
2019 White PHEV EX Prem, Mich Premier AS tires, LED BU lights, window visors 2022 Subaru OB Touring
639 Posts
Congrats on your new ride! I don't know what the January weather is like where you live, but I'm curious about the PCT heater -- how fast does it warm up the air and how much does it impact your EV range?
PS: I'll post my PCT question in the 2023+ Niro forum since I don't think the earlier Niros had a PCT option.

Reactions: adhack

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks. I so wish we could get the Touring trim in Canada. Currently offering the EX trim only and have to pre-order with long wait times expected.
Oh, that's a bummer. I'm in Pennsylvania and inventory seems pretty good here. I have almost a dozen dealers within a 50 mile radius and didn't have to travel far at all to find the color and trim I wanted. I was late to the game and missed our tax credits though.

I hope more options start to show up in your area soon. I've read that buying a car and importing it back (from Canada to the US) is a lot of work. So probably not a realistic option for you, I guess. Would be a fun road trip though!

· Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SE AWD, 2005 Subaru Baja Turbo.
162 Posts
Before we bought our Niro PHEV I looked into the Subaru Crosstrek PHEV but the more you look the worse it was. I think only 20 miles of range, there was no place for the battery so the stuck it under the rear floor so now there is a 4" hump. It was pretty slow and mileage on gas was hardly different then the normal crosstrek. Then the dealers in Washington State all said they couldn't even order one so it didn't matter in the end. I would have liked a real PHEV or EV from them, maybe in the outback line. Our Niro was the first Kia we had ever owned, later we traded it in for an Ioniq 5 but at least we kept it in the Kia/Hyundai family.

Subaru seems to be an exception.. they just don't have a PHEV I'm interested in yet.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before we bought our Niro PHEV I looked into the Subaru Crosstrek PHEV but the more you look the worse it was. I think only 20 miles of range, there was no place for the battery so the stuck it under the rear floor so now there is a 4" hump. It was pretty slow and mileage on gas was hardly different then the normal crosstrek. Then the dealers in Washington State all said they couldn't even order one so it didn't matter in the end. I would have liked a real PHEV or EV from them, maybe in the outback line. Our Niro was the first Kia we had ever owned, later we traded it in for an Ioniq 5 but at least we kept it in the Kia/Hyundai family.
The dealers here in PA told us they can’t even sell them (PHEV). We’d have to pop over to NJ to buy one. Very odd. I didn’t bother to ask why as I wasn’t interested in the Crosstrek at all anyway. Subaru HQ is just over the bridge in NJ. I like the brand and will watch to see how the Outback evolves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts