Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
522 Posts
I picked up my green plates yesterday. Dealer didn't ask or install green plates. Now I can drive in the HOV lane by myself if I wish to. Usually not an issue, but should save me from the regular lanes slow down once in a while.

Hi @Spiritwalker2222, where are you from ? ... km, green plate, ?? Are you from Quebec ?

[Wish my state offered that] @atc98092, in the Quebec province, a PHEV or EV vehicule has a green plate that gives us some advantage on the road. free bridge paytoll, express bus or taxi lane, and free ferryboat crossing over the province.

·
Registered
60 Posts
[Wish my state offered that] @atc98092, in the Quebec province, a PHEV or EV vehicule has a green plate that gives us some advantage on the road. free bridge paytoll, express bus or taxi lane, and free ferryboat crossing over the province.
Here in Idaho, we pay more for registering a PHEV or electric and get no benefits for doing so. They are just upset not to get the gas tax. There are states in the US that are much better than Idaho, but I think Quebec is better than anything I know of down here.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi @Spiritwalker2222, where are you from ? ... km, green plate, ?? Are you from Quebec ?

I'm in Ottawa Ontario, Canada. I have the PHEV with a green plate.

No additional charges for having a green plate. The advantages are the use of HOV and HOT lanes. The HOT high occupancy toll road, but I don't know where any are except in Toronto.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I had to take a few minutes this morning to clear the ice build up around the electrical plug to the car. The charging door wouldn't close otherwise. Do they sell any sort of boot to go over the plug?

I'll be making room in my garage shortly to put the car in there for the winter, but I'll probably charge the car at a public charger once a week. And would like to avoid this hassle, especially if we get freezing rain.

I found the cover below. Has anyone used it, can you speak to it's usefulness? It's the only generic one I found in my quick search.

https://www.amazon.ca/Ecosolaris-Eco-Dome-electric-charging-protection/dp/B07VGY2CR8/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=J1772+protection&qid=1573152980&s=automotive&sr=1-2&th=1

·
Registered
256 Posts
Here in Idaho, we pay more for registering a PHEV or electric and get no benefits for doing so. They are just upset not to get the gas tax. There are states in the US that are much better than Idaho, but I think Quebec is better than anything I know of down here.
In WA state most EVs & PHEVs have the "privilege" of paying higher annual registration fees. :(

·
Super Moderator
597 Posts
In WA state most EVs & PHEVs have the "privilege" of paying higher annual registration fees. :(
Well, that fee just might be gone after this week's elections. Have to wait and see if Seattle and King County successfully fight it in court. Seems that Sound Transit just can't stop giving the citizens of the state the middle finger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm encouraged by the vote results to date but agree that a court challenge is looming. As a PHEV owner I was not happy about the increased registration fee but for HEV owners it was especially harsh.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts