Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well, add my 2017 Touring Edition HEV to the list of owners with a hybrid system failure. My Niro has 45000 miles on it.

Was driving in a bit of traffic at 62 mph and it just quit. Lots of dashboard lights and no power steering. It kept running until I got off the road. I stopped and shut everything off, hoping it was like a cable modem and just needed rebooted 馃榾. Still nothing. I even tried to press the battery reset button, but it did nothing. Totally dead.

Called Kia roadside for a tow and got a ride to Budget Rental for some expensive transportation.

Will report back after I visit the Kia dealer in the morning.

Registered
If its the main fuse see if it was the 375F2 A8170 fuse and if so did the replace with the 375F2 G2120 fuse. I have the 2017 just wondering if its that fuse. Just wondering.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer told me they "might" get to it on Monday...

Said that they get 6 or 7 cars towed in every day. They service Kia, Volvo and Mitsubishi.

Registered
If it's out of service I think they owe you a rental from that time, not from when "they can get to it". Don't let them push you around.

Registered
Bummer Griswald! :(

If it's out of service I think they owe you a rental from that time, not from when "they can get to it". Don't let them push you around.
Morally, I agree. But as I understood the warranty when my car was laid up, the warranty doesn't appear to guarantee we Niro owners a free loaner if our car is in the shop under warranty.

Thankfully, my dealer did provide a loan both times my car was in the shop (mine only had 500 miles on it). Hopefully your's will do the same despite 45K.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Until they can figure out if it is the Niros fault or the customers fault, no dealer is going to blindly give you a rental car.

Once they can diagnose the problem, then I will need to have them reimburse me for my rental.

Oh, and if you can point to the section in the warranty that allows for a loaner car, that would help...

From the Kia Warranty Book, Exclusions Section
Extra Expenses and Damages
鈥 Any economic loss or other incidental, special,
consequential, or exemplary damages. This includes,
without limitation, payment for loss of use of the
Kia Vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of
pay and any other expenses or damages.

Registered
Sorry I guess I was wrong. I guess I have a pretty good dealer. When my Sedona was laid up a few days they gave me a loaner. Guess it was them, not the warranty.

Super Moderator
Sorry I guess I was wrong. I guess I have a pretty good dealer. When my Sedona was laid up a few days they gave me a loaner. Guess it was them, not the warranty.
Yep, loaners are pretty much a dealer option, not something the manufacturer requires of them. At least for most manufacturers. However, most dealers understand it has come to be expected, at least for a customer that purchased from them.

I do find it humorous that a local dealer that offers "free oil changes for life" makes that a selling point on their EVs. :D

Registered
Yep, loaners are pretty much a dealer option, not something the manufacturer requires of them. At least for most manufacturers. However, most dealers understand it has come to be expected, at least for a customer that purchased from them.

I do find it humorous that a local dealer that offers "free oil changes for life" makes that a selling point on their EVs. :D
THAT is funny! Wonder what they would say if someone actually brought their EV in for an oil change.>:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Heard back from the dealer yesterday. It is the high voltage fuse. They ordered one and it is supposed to arrive today or Wednesday.
They also said that I have 8 outstanding recalls that they will need to do, but they can't do any of them until they get the fuse replaced. They did acknowledge that the new fuse will be a different part number.

They offered a loaner car before I even had the time to ask. The loaner is a 2020 Soul with less 21 miles on it. The dealer prep package is still in the back seat.

Was the clutch fluid change a recall?

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
WOO HOO...I finally got my Niro back!

1. Performed PS553 to replace the fuse in the hybrid battery with updated fuse. (part number for new fuse 375F2-A8170)
2. Service Action SA325A Brake Feel Improvement.
3. Service Action SA343 Front wiring harness secured.
4. Service Action SA350 Battery system management system logic updated.
5. Service Campaign SC154 Child Lock Stickers changed. (I already did this one!)
6. Service Campaign SC163 Niro hydraulic clutch actuator installed repair kit.
7. Service Campaign SC168 Power relay assembly replaced
8. Multi-Point Inspection.

Total bill $0.00

I don't feel any difference in the brakes per number 2.

Registered
WOO HOO...I finally got my Niro back!

1. Performed PS553 to replace the fuse in the hybrid battery with updated fuse. (part number for new fuse 375F2-A8170)
2. Service Action SA325A Brake Feel Improvement.
3. Service Action SA343 Front wiring harness secured.
4. Service Action SA350 Battery system management system logic updated.
5. Service Campaign SC154 Child Lock Stickers changed. (I already did this one!)
6. Service Campaign SC163 Niro hydraulic clutch actuator installed repair kit.
7. Service Campaign SC168 Power relay assembly replaced
8. Multi-Point Inspection.

Total bill $0.00

I don't feel any difference in the brakes per number 2.

Glad you got your Niro back finally. I'm curious about #6. Do you know what that is all about? Do you know if it applies to all Niros?

Registered
Hmmm that's not the part number I thought the fuse would be, maybe they improved the old one.

Man I'd have a ton of service actions!! None of those have been done.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
First time it has ever been in a shop, except for new tires and an alignment last month.

The work order ststes that there is a "Pit Stop" for replacing the fuse. Going to check with my Kia mechanic friend to see what a "pit stop" actually is.

Registered
Maybe someone in another thread got the new and old mixed up. Maybe 375f2-G2130 is the bad ones.

From website.

Manufacturer: Kia

375F2-A8170

Replaces: 375F2-G2130

Registered
<< 2. Service Action SA325A Brake Feel Improvement.>>
When braking very lightly, I notice a faint, rapid sort of "tick, tick, tick" feedback on the brake pedal. Its not every time, pehaps 50% of the time. It is somewhat similar to the feel of a warped rotor but a bit shaper and more rapid. Since my car has < 2K miles & I haven't done any hard braking, I doubt that it is a warped rotor.

Maybe normal for regenerative brakes???
Anyone else notice this? Might that be what "Service Action SA325A Brake Feel Improvement" is for ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts