Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Niro PHEV, I have downloaded the UVO app and I have an account. When I try to activate uvo as per the manual, I get error saying cannot activate. I notice the modem IMEI and USIM are all zeroes, but when I try to update the modem info, I get an error "Incorrect Modem Info, Please contact the nearest service center".

So am I right that this car is missing a working SIM card, or is there some other issue?

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having similar issues with the modem. Had it “fixed” earlier this week and the modem went back to all Zeros again. Back to the shop tomorrow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those interested, this problem was (eventually) resolved by the dealer replacing the head unit (LCD, radio, etc). After getting hold of Kia corporate personnel in the right area, the resolution followed pretty quickly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For those interested, this problem was (eventually) resolved by the dealer replacing the head unit (LCD, radio, etc). After getting hold of Kia corporate personnel in the right area, the resolution followed pretty quickly.
Hey everybody,
I'm a 2018 Kia Niro touring edition owner and I was wondering if there is any possibility of us 2018 owners getting full UVO capabilities now that they put it onto the 2019s... is there any way to force it on ours? I would love to have those capabilities. I heard that the 2018 touring edition has pretty much all the same technology requirements. Please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
am having the imei becoming zeroes issue.. having to reset the head unit daily...kia dealer told me the subscription had expired(new cars get 36 month subscription..am. Only 1/3rd of the way) lol....am taking car to a another dealer

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey everybody,
I'm a 2018 Kia Niro touring edition owner and I was wondering if there is any possibility of us 2018 owners getting full UVO capabilities now that they put it onto the 2019s... is there any way to force it on ours? I would love to have those capabilities. I heard that the 2018 touring edition has pretty much all the same technology requirements. Please help
UVO Eco (remote unlock/lock/start/stop) is only available for the PHEV and BEV versions of the Niro, not the HEV. The HEV only has UVO eServices which are the 911 econnect and roadside assistance connection. I'm attaching a screenshot of the 2019 brochure. HEV's get the features on the left, PHEV and BEV's get the features on the left and right.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts