Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody buy a red Niro yet? I haven't heard of any on the forum and I haven't seen any in person yet. Went to a Kia dealer to see one and it was sold before I got there. I would like to see some personal pictures of one to see what that red really looks like.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Darn... that is a really nice red. Is there two types of reds? The red in the forum banner looks extremely different to the point where I don't even think that's lighting issues kinda thing

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That red is completely different than the samples at my Kia dealer and most of the brochures. That would be the type of red I'm looking for I'm definitely trying to stay away from maroons. Thanks for posting tadtam.

·
Registered
151 Posts
All I see is Temptation Red on the build and price... so which one is the brighter red? Is it regional or something?

·
Registered
291 Posts
That red is completely different than the samples at my Kia dealer and most of the brochures. That would be the type of red I'm looking for I'm definitely trying to stay away from maroons. Thanks for posting tadtam.
Those are just samples and don't often do well in representing how it will actually look, but at the same time neither do pictures of it online. Best to see this color on a Niro for yourself in person if the sample and pictures online aren't convincing enough.

Colors are very sensitive to lighting, it's like women, you can only really know her once your around her long enough in person.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When at my Kia dealer I took the sample from the showroom floor and took it outside to look at it in the sun and it's nowhere near as bright as those pictures. I am really happy with that red.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Husband and I just got a red one on Thursday. It's a metallic red, very close to the Ford Fusion that we traded in.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got to see a red Niro at my Dealer, not even close to what I want. What gives the picture tadtam posted looks nothing like what my Dealer has or even close to what my sister emailed me from Alabama, both look bright red. The red at the Dealer looks even darker then my Chevy HHR and I hate that Red. Could there be two reds and the Dealers know nothing about it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I found the same phenomenon with the Cerulean Blue. In certain lights, I get that vibrant turquoise color. But mostly, it looks like a dark, murky teal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also would like a very bright red, similar to what's available for the Soul. All review/official photos show a cinnamon red, which I don't want. So I've been waiting to see what Cerulean blue looks like, and I'm sorry to hear that it can be murky looking.

I'm considering the PHEV version, but the colors shown for that on Kia's European site are uniformly drab and lifeless. I really don't get it. What could they be thinking?

·
Registered
178 Posts
We bought a red Niro EX mid July and loving it! It's a gorgeous classy red, not the trashy red you see on some other brands!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts